As some may know, Conquest Eternal started in February 2021 as a simple site to house and share updates about the custom ruleset we were making for map campaigns for Conquest, and for updates on our first Crisis in Russ campaign. A simple site, with a simple purpose.
Over the course of this year, many things have changed. The existing primary community site shut down. The original community Tabletop Simulator mod was discontinued. A new faction was released. Official campaign rules were released. These changes and many others meant the site had to adapt or wither, and we chose to adapt. Today I am outlining all our ongoing and completed projects as a mark of how far we have come, and offering a summary of where we see ourselves headed.
- This website has evolved into a central resource for the community, offering ready access to community directories for a number of content categories, links to the TTS mod page, fan stories, community scenarios, faction summaries of the released factions, and much more.
- We introduced a TLAoK rules wiki inspired by the Infinity community rules wiki to make the core rules more accessible and searchable, and covered a major update to the rules (the move from 1.03 to 1.5).
- We have taken over management of the Unofficial Conquest TTS mod. It has been augmented by additional resources and integration of rules and placeholders for newly released and prerelease units.
- We held contests for both custom scenarios and for fan lore, with great turnout and reception by the community.
Looking to the future, we hope to introduce the following in the near future.
- A tournament bracket mobile app for both tracking scores and programmatically building round pairings using Conquest’s Swiss method.
- A rules wiki containing the First Blood ruleset.
- A month-long tournament leveraging TTS to connect players from around the world and pit varying local metas against each other.
- Expansion of our existing TLAoK rules wiki to include FAQs that have been answered by Para Bellum but are not yet released in an official Errata.
- Expansion of the rules wiki to include faction-specific information as well.
- A “Getting Started” package of documents to help new players orient themselves within the rules and the lore.
- A lore wiki, providing for cross-references and a traceable timeline within Ea.
- Resuming scanning of models into the TTS Core mod to include new releases.
- Opening up scanning of community models into the TTS Community mod, complete with instructions.
- Updating the community directories on this website to make it easier to add new resources.
- An army-building mobile app to allow for easier list building independent of a formal computer.
It has a busy 2021 with a lot of change, and we have more in store. Are you as excited as we are?